This is a tough topic. Each event will call for a different type of piñata or piñata party. The perfect piñata depends entirely upon the event and the guest list. I have some guiding questions.
1) What type of event is it?
- If it is a more formal event and the people may not want to grab filler off the floor, then use the piñatas as decorations, door prizes or props and not in the traditional manner. In this case you may want to consider having many minis.
- If it is a piñata party then get as many regular and mini piñatas as the theme and budget allows.
2) What is the theme?
- If the theme is obvious such as sports related or tropical or pirates, go to the large selection of those types of piñatas.
- If the party is an event such as a scavenger hunt or wine and cheese party, choose piñatas that support the event itself. Tips for those parties are in previous blogs that I have written.
- If the theme is birthday or retirement or celebrating a person in some other manner– then think about the person being celebrated. Choose a piñata or have a piñata made that reflects something about that person’s personality or an important event in their life.
3) What are the ages of the participants?
- I suggest pull string piñatas for smaller children.
4) Where is the party being held?
- Again, pull string piñatas are very good for indoor piñata parties or piñata parties held in places where they are breakable items.
5) What is the filler?
- I think that the filler is one of the most important parts of the piñata party.
- If you know that you want the hugs ad kisses to rain down on the guests then maybe you should check out the wedding section to find a good piñata. I
- f you want creepy crawly bugs and gummy worms to rain down on the guests go to the Halloween section for scary or creepy piñatas.
- If you want money to fall on the guests, perhaps you should check out the treasure chest or leprechaun piñata.
This is only the beginning. Please do not hesitate to contact me to ask me what you should do for your piñata party. But note that I will ask all of the above questions in helping you decide.
– The Piñata Master
Don’t forget that you may always get great Mexican-made piñatas at Piñata Supply Co!
Next topic: How to choose a piñata